Categories
Lifestyle

Newsflash: Your Words May Not Mean What You Think They Mean

I was in the fourth grade. And as kids tend to do, I was in one of those moods. I challenged a kid to a fight after school in the gym. This kid, who’s name was Nick, was supposedly a black belt in Taekwondo — a martial art focused on kicking. Head kicks. Spinning kicks. […]

Categories
Lifestyle

If you want to be a part of the 1%, you can’t live your life like the other 99%

If you want to be above average, then make decisions that are commensurate with an above average life.

Categories
Lifestyle

Why we should stop telling people that they need to start a blog

Blogging is deceptively easy. The barrier to entry with blogging is so low that almost anyone can spin up a blog in a matter of a few minutes. Using a service like WordPress or Blogspot, it’s also 100% free, and that’s one of the great things about blogging.  That’s also one of the biggest problems, […]

Categories
Lifestyle

Why I decided to sell Think Save Retire

Ever since late in 2014, the ThinkSaveRetire.com blog has been my baby. I launched the site to track my journey toward financial independence and early retirement. At the beginning, I didn’t have any hard and fast goals for it. No pageviews target. No revenue goals. Nothing. I just wanted it to make an impact. Over […]

Categories
Lifestyle

5 things I’ve learned about life after graduating college

I am a big believer that even after college, learning never really stops. The more we learn, the better people we become. Today, I sit here as a 38-year old guy who retired at 35, thinking back to my college days and how far that I’ve come. Today, I’m an online entrepreneur who makes my […]

Categories
Lifestyle

Make a positive attitude your #1 ally

When I was a child, my dad taught me a fascinating lesson when growing up. About having a positive attitude.    It was a lesson about your outlook on life and how, as if by magic, one can control his or her outcome simply by expecting it. How arrogant, I thought as a child. How […]