Categories
Lifestyle

What is Healthy Selfishness?

Our ability to give back and help others is immensely connected with our personal foundation. The better our personal selves, the more effective we become at focusing on things outside of ourselves.

Categories
Lifestyle

These 5 Resume Mistakes Tell Me You're Not Right For The Job

When hiring managers spend an average of 6 seconds reviewing each resume, how will yours stand out?

Categories
Lifestyle

What I Would Tell My 20-Year-Old Self About Mastering Life’s Mind Games

I’m thankful for my mistakes. If I hadn’t made them in my 20s and early 30s, I might be making them now. We don’t learn from winning. We learn by losing.

Categories
Lifestyle

15 Ways to Level-Up Your Life in 2020

Hard truths can be tough to swallow, but for many of us, they can also instantly transform our lives. Finding ways to improve our lives isn’t always easy and it often takes brutal honesty; honesty that we’re afraid to admit to ourselves. But, I’ve found that honesty is like a hump. Honesty is the plateau […]

Categories
Lifestyle

5 Essential Rules for Living a Happy and Healthy Life

Live a healthy life. It’s something that most of us want, but it eludes way too many of us. We spend a lot of time worrying about things that are outside of our control. As a result, we grow frustrated. We get angry. Maybe even feel sorry for ourselves. It’s a constant battle, isn’t it? […]

Categories
Lifestyle

Newsflash: Your Words May Not Mean What You Think They Mean

I was in the fourth grade. And as kids tend to do, I was in one of those moods. I challenged a kid to a fight after school in the gym. This kid, who’s name was Nick, was supposedly a black belt in Taekwondo — a martial art focused on kicking. Head kicks. Spinning kicks. […]

Categories
Lifestyle

If you want to be a part of the 1%, you can’t live your life like the other 99%

If you want to be above average, then make decisions that are commensurate with an above average life.

Categories
Lifestyle

Why we should stop telling people that they need to start a blog

Blogging is deceptively easy. The barrier to entry with blogging is so low that almost anyone can spin up a blog in a matter of a few minutes. Using a service like WordPress or Blogspot, it’s also 100% free, and that’s one of the great things about blogging.  That’s also one of the biggest problems, […]

Categories
Lifestyle

Why I decided to sell Think Save Retire

Ever since late in 2014, the ThinkSaveRetire.com blog has been my baby. I launched the site to track my journey toward financial independence and early retirement. At the beginning, I didn’t have any hard and fast goals for it. No pageviews target. No revenue goals. Nothing. I just wanted it to make an impact. Over […]

Categories
Lifestyle

5 things I’ve learned about life after graduating college

I am a big believer that even after college, learning never really stops. The more we learn, the better people we become. Today, I sit here as a 38-year old guy who retired at 35, thinking back to my college days and how far that I’ve come. Today, I’m an online entrepreneur who makes my […]