Categories
Lifestyle

Newsflash: Your Words May Not Mean What You Think They Mean

I was in the fourth grade. And as kids tend to do, I was in one of those moods. I challenged a kid to a fight after school in the gym. This kid, who’s name was Nick, was supposedly a black belt in Taekwondo — a martial art focused on kicking. Head kicks. Spinning kicks. […]

Categories
Lifestyle

If you want to be a part of the 1%, you can’t live your life like the other 99%

If you want to be above average, then make decisions that are commensurate with an above average life.

Categories
Lifestyle

Why we should stop telling people that they need to start a blog

Blogging is deceptively easy. The barrier to entry with blogging is so low that almost anyone can spin up a blog in a matter of a few minutes. Using a service like WordPress or Blogspot, it’s also 100% free, and that’s one of the great things about blogging.  That’s also one of the biggest problems, […]

Categories
Lifestyle

Why I decided to sell Think Save Retire

Ever since late in 2014, the ThinkSaveRetire.com blog has been my baby. I launched the site to track my journey toward financial independence and early retirement. At the beginning, I didn’t have any hard and fast goals for it. No pageviews target. No revenue goals. Nothing. I just wanted it to make an impact. Over […]

Categories
Financial Freedom

Financial independence can be color blind

One of my favorite parts about the pursuit of financial independence is that anybody can do it. Regardless of color, nationality or ethnicity, the pursuit of huge goals, like financial independence, is within the great majority of us.  At its core, the pursuit of financial independence (and maybe even early retirement) is nothing more than […]

Categories
Lifestyle

5 things I’ve learned about life after graduating college

I am a big believer that even after college, learning never really stops. The more we learn, the better people we become. Today, I sit here as a 38-year old guy who retired at 35, thinking back to my college days and how far that I’ve come. Today, I’m an online entrepreneur who makes my […]

Categories
Lifestyle

Make a positive attitude your #1 ally

When I was a child, my dad taught me a fascinating lesson when growing up. About having a positive attitude.    It was a lesson about your outlook on life and how, as if by magic, one can control his or her outcome simply by expecting it. How arrogant, I thought as a child. How […]

Categories
Retirement

I just retired at the age of 35

It’s pretty damn surreal right now. I am done with full-time work. Like, “done” done. Unless something absolutely catastrophic happens, I will never set foot in an office again as a member of their full-time work staff. That’s it. I’m free. Best damn Christmas gift ever. I am free to pursue everything that I’ve always […]